I tell you my 2016 Poker Goals in this Q&A!
Click below to support this show and get 27% Rakeback on Americas Cardroom (use promo code SPSPOD)
In case you missed it, in episode 5 I talked about how the incredible book called ‘The ONE Thing’ has revolutionized my life and my poker game.
Q&A – 2016 SMART Poker Goals | Podcast #6
Today I discussed my 2016 Poker Goals at the request of Mr. or Mrs. Anonymous. Here’s the email:
I enjoy your show. You did a podcast about SMART Poker Goals, and you mentioned one of your goals is getting to an $18,000 bankroll. What other goals did you set for 2016? Thank you, Anonymous
Thanks for sending that in, Anonymous! My goal changed a bit after I posted episode #2, so here it is with my two supporting SMART goals.
Improve your poker game RIGHT NOW!
As soon as you join the Weekly Boost Newsletter, you'll be able to download the Ultimate Poker Resource Guide FREE. Just confirm your subscription by clicking the link in your email inbox.
With your subscription, you'll get exclusive bonuses and the latest content by email direct to your inbox.
Goal 1: By December 31st, 2016 I will be a regular at 200NL cash games online with a bankroll of $20,000, and taking one daily shot at 400NL.
Goal 2: By December 31st, 2016 I will have spent a total of 520 hours studying poker over the course of the year (10 hours per week). This will not count time spent coaching students.
Goal 3: By December 31st, 2016 I will have played 225,000 hands of poker across Cash, SNG’s and MTT’s.
Please go back and listen to Podcast Episode #2 to hear all about setting SMART Poker Goals. Each of the goals above meets the criteria for SMART poker goals:
- Goals need to be specific, detailing exactly what you intend to accomplish
- If you can’t measure them, how do you know you’ve achieved anything?
- Goals must be achievable and not impossible; you should feel stretched and challenged by the goal, but it can’t be so obviously out of reach that you were doomed from the start
- Your goal needs to matter to you. Goals that fit in with your overall aim in poker are more likely to be hit and to be supported by those around you.
- We all know that any task expands to fit the time allotted to it, so a goal without an end date could take years to attain. Deadlines add a sense of urgency.
Choose a monetary poker goal for 2016. Remember to make it SMART. Then make 2-3 additional goals that will help to support that first SMART poker goal. Right after you do this, email me at email@example.com so I can follow along and encourage you with your progress.
Please leave any CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK, COMMENTS, QUESTIONS or REQUESTS in the comments section below.
Or… Tweet me @SmartPokerStudy and email to Sky@SmartPokerStudy.com.
Join the Facebook Poker Discussion Group to talk all things poker.
Please send me your poker strategy questions, and I’ll answer them on the FRIDAY Q&A EPISODES!
In podcast #7, I’ll discuss the benefit of 30 day challenges and how you can use them to build great poker habits.
Until next time, study smart, play hard and make your next session the best one yet.