Al Spath, longtime poker player and coach, was my first interview guest.
Click below to support this show and get 27% Rakeback on Americas Cardroom (use promo code SPSPOD)
In case you missed it, in episode 13 I taught you how the Miracle Morning can revolutionize your life and lead you to more than you ever thought possible, both in poker and anything else you can dream of.
Al Spath Interview, Podcast #14
Al Spath is the former Dean at Poker School Online, he writes articles for Ante Up magazine, posts training videos to YouTube, streams on Twitch daily, conducts interviews with noted authors and professional players and coaches and has taught more than 2,000 players.
Al coaches both online and LIVE low limit players, mostly in cash games. He’s been coaching since the late 1990’s.
Improve your poker game RIGHT NOW!
As soon as you join the Weekly Boost Newsletter, you'll be able to download the Ultimate Poker Resource Guide FREE. Just confirm your subscription by clicking the link in your email inbox.
With your subscription, you'll get exclusive bonuses and the latest content by email direct to your inbox.
Beginner’s 3 biggest mistakes:
- Playing too many hands
- No understanding of the importance of position
- Prone to checks and calls vs bets and raises
Learning from Twitch streams:
- Just watch, listen and learn from Al’s teaching at the lowest levels.
- Then get in there and put to use what you’re learning.
- Continue watching Al’s videos, and when he’s dealt a hand, pause the video and decide what you would do in that spot.
- Continue playing the video and see if your thought process matches Al’s, and if not, figure out what info you’re missing and start looking for it.
‘Sunday Conversations’ with Al Spath
- Al conducts interviews with notable poker authors, coaches and professional players
- Recently, the “Cowboy” Kenna James Interview aired (discussed in this interview)
- This past week Al also interviewed poker pro, coach and author Gene Hull.
Books that Al recommends:
- Tourney: Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time Volume I & II (get it in Amazon)
- Cash: Ed Miller books, most notably ‘The Course’ (Amazon)
The ONE Thing that every poker player needs to have an excellent grasp on:
- Position & Aggression
To contact Al, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re interested in coaching, mention my name and receive a discount.
Please leave any CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK, COMMENTS, QUESTIONS or REQUESTS in the comments section below.
Or… Tweet me @SmartPokerStudy and email to Sky@SmartPokerStudy.com.
Join the Facebook Poker Discussion Group to talk all things poker.
Please send me your poker strategy questions, and I’ll answer them on the FRIDAY Q&A EPISODES!
In podcast #15, I teach why you should keep a poker journal and how it can benefit your poker studies and lead to improved poker performance.
Until next time, study smart, play hard and make your next session the best one yet.