This week’s podcast was inspired by Dr. Berg’s podcast episode from 6.26.21 called “What Happens if You Stop Eating Sugar for 14 days?”
Listen to this podcast episode:
The Dr. Berg’s Healthy Keto and Intermittent Fasting Podcast
Benefits of Cutting Sugar for 14 Days
1. Lose your appetite for sugar – Obviously, eating less leads to… wanting less!
2. Feel less hungry throughout the day – Great! Cutting sugar means I get satiated from my protein, fat and veggie loaded meals? Sign me up.
3. Feeling less fatigue – Fatigue’s a super downer, keeps you from taking part in activities because “I just don’t feel like it.”
4. Lose excessive water and fat – We all want to lose weight, right?
5. Enhanced mood, cognition and more focus – This is what we want as poker players and it’s the reason for this podcast episode. If none of the other 8 benefits motivate you to cut sugar, this one should. You want to perform better at poker, right? Well, cut it and improve cognition and focus. You’ll make more reads and pull the trigger on exploitative plays. And, you’ll have a better mood and be nicer to be around. This might also help you deal with anger on-the-felt.
6. Your skin will look better – A more beautiful you!
7. Less stiffness, inflammation and pain plus your brain cells will grow! – Wow, love this… cutting this unhealthy stuff >>> less physical pain and bigger brain!
8. Reduces fat in the liver – This will reduce your chances of suffering from fatty liver disease.
9. Improved kidney functions – Helping your kidney better rid your body of toxins makes a lot of sense, yeah?
How to Cut Sugar from Your Diet
1. Assess Where Your Sugar is Coming From. You can’t cut it unless you know where it’s coming from. Look at nutritional labels to be aware of items with loads of the sweet stuff (especially an excessive amount of grams).
2. Cut the Easiest Sugar Source First. You’re not going cold turkey, just one at a time until done.
3. 1-3 week trials of cutting one sugar source at a time. For the next 1-3 weeks, cut out cereal/bagels/toast/juice in the morning. In the following 1-3 weeks, cut out pastas or sandwiches, and so on.
Eventually, you’ll get to a point where you’re happy with your restricted sugar intake.
The world needs to know about Sugar by System of a Down:
Looking for Daily Poker Tips?
- Four Killer 4th of July Poker Tips - June 30, 2022
- How to Exploit with the PokerTracker 4 Default HUD - June 24, 2022
- One Until Done with Action! My Favorite Learning Strategy - June 15, 2022